If you’d like to have another option regarding the contact form included now you can. Mike Jolley and I just created a nice Contact Form Plugin for WordPress (see the working demo with its “SeaBeast” theme) that you can apply as you would any other plugin instead of using the one I included with this theme. There are advantages to doing this (and no disadvantages that I can think of), as follows:
As it relates to the SeaBeast theme specifically, this contact form offers:
- Enhanced accessibility and more comprehensive security.
- It’s part of WordPress itself so allows greater flexibility.
- Has more features with simpler configuration.
- Performance measuring spam/exploit counter.
To use this plugin, simply do the following:
- Download it, install and configure it as per the instructions included with the plugin.
- Create a new “Contact Page” using your WordPress admin.
- Enter the page’s URL in the plugin’s configuration.
- In the SeaBeast’s theme USERS_CONFIG file, answer “no” to the first variable question in Section 2 of 6:
// Enable or Disable Contact Me/Us Page and all associated links $enable_form= "no";
- Delete the old form file
contact.phpfrom the SeaBeast theme directory.
- Then on the plugin’s “Styling” page, choose the “SeaBeast” theme but know that you may want to modify it with the plugin’s included editor. If you don’t like this, you should be able to select “none” from the theme’s list, but you may want to make a modification or two on your style sheet or add a couple things to the custom style sheet.
Would you like to comment or have a question? Please do so in the post on my blog.