Critical Information: These are instructions on how to install the accessible SeaBeast theme for WordPress. These instructions assume you have a working copy of WordPress on your server ready to accept a theme and that you have the necessary access.
- Download and unpack the Zip file. You will have two files and two folders:
- “sb_readme.txt” will be a copy of this information.
- The second file will be the “seabeast_myipfile.txt.”
- One folder will be the theme folder with its files  and images sub-folder.
- The second folder, “sb_images,” contains the native master images (don’t put this online).
- Place the “seabeast_myipfile.txt” file on the same level as your blog installation and make it writable, and change its name according to the stats instructions  (also see instructions in USERS_CONFIG file).
- Place the “seabeast” folder with all its files and sub-folder in your “themes” folder found in “wp-content.” A typical path would be wp-content/themes/seabeast.
- Set the permissions on the USERS_ series of configuration and static content files  to make them writable.
- Login into your WordPress admin and go to the “Presentation” page. You should see the SeaBeast theme as an available option. Make it the “Active” theme. Note: If you’re doing this on a live site with a lot of traffic, you may want to do the configuration  locally on your machine so everything will be immediately available upon activating the SeaBeast theme.
- Once the SeaBeast theme is active, provided you haven’t yet done the configuration as mentioned above, you will open the “Theme Editor” and select the USER_CONFIG file. Follow the instructions in that file (some of the values like Blog Name and Description will have to match what’s in your WordPress configuration). The contact page being separate is the reason for this. It is in this page that you will enter the code for your stats file. Remember that part? Edit with great care. Look over your edits. Save the file.
- Now open the USERS_FORM file and complete that configuration (there is no need to choose all your form select options at this time, you can get back to that… you’ll see. Edit with great care. Look over your edits. Save the file.
- Next you need to open the USERS_MODS file and complete the first part of that configuration. Wait on the styling until you confirm everything’s up and running. Edit with great care. Look over your edits. Save the file.
- “View Site.” It should be ready to go. If not, say the page is blank or you get odd looking errors, you likely did something wrong, but not a huge problem. You will need to review the error. It’ll point to the line of the error probably, or the line before. The files themselves are all well-commented, have more instructions, and the variables used should be fairly intuitive as to what their purpose is.
- Do search this site for answers if you need help. Nearly every possible task or action is covered in detail. And if that doesn’t work, simply Contact Me to request support.