GBCF-v3 Script Validation Page
This file is used to validate file paths, variable captures, server settings, and minimum configuration.
Upon completing your form's configuration you will validate the variables, functions, and script upload. After successfully trying out your test form, you should remove this page from your server. If you still have questions, please read the help page or contact Mike Cherim for assistance.
Form Version: v3 - Build Number: B3.20090130.01 - Model Number: SASU - Blocked: 2185 - Help »
Script Validation Confirmed — Unique Form ID Number: ID5ABBC052C07A5E97DA449D4AD90FFC65MC
Congratulations! No errors were detected so far. Please manually check the variables on this page.
Page Data Information
Here you verify Form Configuration Variables like required variables, basic setup options, subject menu options, optional menu options, antispam Q and A, IP blacklist array, form display options, form input options, mail and form setttings, advanced settings, and your PID key. You will also be able to verify Form Language Settings like legend text, label text, miscellaneous form text, error messages text, and various email text snippets.
Form Configuration Variables
These are the configuration variables.
You'll probably want to edit the two form setup options, but for form functionality, these two variables are it.
- Send-to Email Variable (modified) — demo[at]green-beast[dot]com — On this demo site this is not the real working email.
- Reply-to Email Variable (modified) — noreply[at]green-beast[dot]com
Basic Form Setup Options
These are some basic setup options. You will want to do these as well, even though they aren't actually required.
- Addressee — Mike
- Website/Organization — GBCF-v3 Demo
Subject Menu Select Options
These sample subject lines can be found in the configuration file in the form on an array… not the language file.
- Subject - Just a form test
- Subject - Form support request
- Subject - Language contribution
- Subject - Theme contribution
- Subject - Suggestion or request
- Subject - Report a script problem
- Subject - Report a site problem
- Subject - Other, explained in message
Option Menu Select Options
This menu is (optional). Its default state serves as an example. The sample options can be found in the configuration file.
- Referred by - Mike's Beast-Blog
- Referred by - Zeldman.com mention
- Referred by - Max Design (WSG List)
- Referred by - Social bookmark (where?)
- Referred by - Someone else's blog (who?)
- Referred by - Some other web site (what?)
- Referred by - Another source (oh, do tell)
Anti-Spam Question and Answer
Make sure this is extremely simple. Tip: Math like 1+1=2, for example, is international, if support for such is needed. This, too, is a config file edit.
- Antispam Question — Is ice hot or cold?
- Antispam Answer — cold
User Blacklist IP Array
Use this as a last resort and know that it is not completely effective. It only works against users with a static IP address.
- Blacklisted IP: 126.96.36.199
- Blacklisted IP: 188.8.131.52
- Blacklisted IP: 184.108.40.206
- Blacklisted IP: 220.127.116.11
- Blacklisted IP: 18.104.22.168
Form Display Options
You can manage a few common styling needs while Mike helps ensure the form's accessibility and validity stays intact.
- Display Privacy Link — yes
- Privacy Link URL — /siteinfo/#privacy
- Display Blocked Stats — yes
- Display Author Credit — yes
- Add Layout Breaks — yes
- Display Main Legend — yes
- Display Sub Legends — yes
- Display Main Border (fieldset) — yes
- Display Required Border/s (fieldset/s) — yes
- Display Optional Border (fieldset) — yes
- Display Address 2 Label — no
- Offer Carbon Copy Option — no
- Added Required Field Notes — no
- Error Input Border Color — #bb0000 - Example:
- Error Label Color — #bb0000 - Example:
Form Input Options
These are optional data inputs you may want to enable or disable. All can be turned on or off if wanted, safely.
- Offer Organization Input — yes
- Offer Phone Input — yes
- Offer Website Input — yes
- Offer Address Inputs — yes
- Offer Optional Menu Select — yes
Mail and Form Settings
Accommodate various email and form options to meet your site and server synchronization and character support needs.
- Email and Language Setting — en
- Email Character Set — utf-8
- XHTML or HTML Markup — xhtml
- Actual Server Time — 6:35 am
- Server Time Offset — 0 - Current time stamp: Feb. 25th, 2017 @ 6:35 am
- Internationalize Time Stamp — no - If "yes," it would display as 2017.2.25 @ 06:35
In case more form detailed control is needed. Needs may be determined by server settings or your language for example.
- Thank You Page Option — no
- Thank You Page URL — Thank you page option not in use
- Anti-Flood Control — no
- Anti-Flood Control Aggression Level — 2
- -f Parameter Assignment — yes
- SMTP Sneak Pseudo Bypass Method — no
- INI Set Switch Variable — no
- SMTP Mail Server — localhost
- SMTP Mail Port Variable — 25
- SMTP Mail Password Variable — e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e (shown hashed for security)
- SMTP Mail Username Variable — 21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 (shown hashed for security)
- Send Email Variable (modified) — you[at]yourdomain[dot]com
- Send Email Variable Path — /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
- Alternate Form Action — An alternate form action is not specified.
- Form Lockdown Mode — no
- Allowed User by IP — Form is not locked down
- Input Length Limits — These are PHP-enforced maxlength input attributes (en labels shown):
- Name: 60
- Email: 60
- Organization: 60
- Phone: 30
- Address: 30
- Address (continued): 30
- City/town: 60
- State/province: 40
- Zip/postal code: 20
- Country: 40
- Website: 80
- Is ice hot or cold?: 10
Form Identification Keys
This helps ensure your form installation is 100% unique to mitigate the possibility of exploit distribution should one be found.
- PID Key — 6c6bbcac0d4496b80f4dbcf307cda691 (shown hashed for security)
- Form ID — id5abbc052c07a5e97da449d4ad90ffc65mc (this ID is processed data)
Form Language Settings
The en language file is currently selected. The language files, ca, tr, en, lv, fi, de, fr, zh-cn, gl, nl, be, ja, da, pt, ro, en-us, es-sp, en-gb, my, it, pl, id, ru, sk, pt-br, he, no, es, zh-tw, el, sv, cy, are available.
These are the various form legends used on the form. Short terms are recommended, but you have many options. Edit in your chosen language file.
- Main Form Legend Text — Contact Form
- Required Legend Text 1 — Required
- Required Legend Text 2 — Required
- Optional Legend Text — Optional
These are the various label texts used throughout the form. Edit in your chosen language file.
- Main Label Text — Enter your info in this form to send us an email.
- Name Label Text — Name
- Email Label Text — Email
- Organization Label Text — Organization
- Phone Label Text — Phone
- Website Label Text — Website
- Address 1 Label Text — Address
- Address 2 Label Text — Address (continued)
- City/Town Label Text — City/town
- State/Province Label Text — State/province
- Postal Code Label Text — Zip/postal code
- Country Label Text — Country
- Optional Menu Label Text — Referred by
- Subject Label Text — Subject
- Message Label Text — Message
- Anti-spam explanation — Your answer proves you're a person
- Honeypot Label Text — Leave this anti-spam trap empty
- CC Option Label Text — Check for email copy
- Special Required Symbol — *
- Special Required Text — Denotes required field.
- Default Select Menu Text — Select one
Miscellaneous Form Text
These are other bits of text used in association with the form. Edit in your chosen language file.
- Submit Button Text — Submit
- Time Stamp Text — Time stamp
- Spambots Stopped Text — Blocked
- Author Credit Text — Script by
- Reset Page Link Text — Reset Page
Error Messages Text
Where there are forms there will be errors. Be polite, just in case a human sees a bot error. Edit in your chosen language file.
- Required Fields Error Text — Error! Required fields missed
- Malformed Email Error Text — Error! Your email address is malformed
- Honeypot Trap Not Empty Error Text — Error! A hidden empty input had data. If you're human, try again
- Form ID Mis-match Error Text — Error! There was a form ID mis-match indicative of remote posting
- Invalid/Illegal Menu Error Text — Error! You made an invalid/illegal menu selection on
- Blacklisted IP Address Error Text — Error! The administrator has blacklisted your IP address due to abuse
- Form Lockdown Notice Text — Notice! Our contact form is locked down for now. Check back soon!
- Exceeds Input Maxlength Error Text — Error! You exceeded a maxlength input limit... good-bye 'bot
- Exploited Input Error Text — Error! Prohibited content found. Please edit:
- Prohibited Entry List Text — Do Not Use
- Header Injection Error Text — Error! You have attempted to insert illegal data into the mail header
- Copy Header Injection Error Text — Error! You have attempted to insert illegal data into the copy header
- Anti-spam Answer Error Text (part one) — Error! Your answer to
- Anti-spam Answer Error Text (part two) — is incorrect. The right answer is
- Jump to Submit (honeypot forgiveness) — Jump to Submit
Email Text Snippets
This makes up the various bits of your emails (to you and your form user). Edit in your chosen language file.
- Success Mail Sent Text — Success! Email sent on
- Webmaster Email Copy Sent Text — Copy sent
- Unknown Browser Text — Unknown user agent
- Greeting/Salutation Text — Hello
- Email Intro Text — An email has been sent from
- Email Sub Text — Here's the message
- Contact Details Text — This additional information was provided
- Data Collected Text — Data Collected
- CC Email Copy Text — Email Copy
- CC Email Intro Text — This is a copy of an email sent to
- ISP Data Not Available Text — ISP data not available
- Referrer Data Not Available Text — Referrer data not available
- IP Address Data Not Available Text — IP address data not available
- Time Stamp Data Not Available Text — Time stamp data not available